I am a registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) presently working towards my accreditation.
I abide by the BACP code of conduct and ethical framework striving at all times to provide the best possible practice for my clients.
As an Integrative Counsellor I am able to use an approach that is best suited to you as an individual and for your unique experiences.
I am trained in the following approaches:
and draw on these theoretical approaches depending on your needs.
My work is with children, young people and adults. I have experience of having worked in primary and secondary schools in addition to working with sixth form students and with undergraduate and postgraduate university students in Cambridge.
My experience covers the following areas:
I have a particular interest in eating disorders and self-harm and I have gained a vast amount of experience from working with clients with anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa and binge eating disorders.
I have got the NCFED Diploma in Practitioner Skills for Eating Disorders.
- Registered Member of the British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
- NCFED Diploma in Practitioner Skills in Eating Disorders
- Diploma in Working with Depression
- Diploma in Counselling
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Diploma in Pre-school Practice
- BSC in Psychology
- MBBS in Medicine
- A minimum of 30 hours of recognised Continuous Professional Development (CPD) undertaken each year since qualifying
- I run my own counselling private practice
- College counsellor at Bellerbys College Cambridge
- Counsellor at Centre 33
- JHD Counselling Services: employed counsellor counselling students at several University of Cambridge colleges
- Play therapy sessions in primary schools in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough
- Centre 33: volunteer counsellor
- YMCA Cambridge and Peterborough: volunteer school counsellor for sixth form students
- Talk to Stars: volunteer counsellor providing bereavement support for children and young people
- Family group sessions for families subjected to domestic violence
- Assisted in nursery schools, residential rest homes for elderly, mental health clinics for schizophrenia and in research projects
- Workshops and talks
- Attend regular and on-going supervision (individual, group and peer)